Friday, August 16, 2013

#Start ... NO - Stop...

Ever since Monday when day one of the #StartExp began I have felt like I've been on a rollercoaster and I was stuck on it... there was no getting off... I just kept going... up and down... around and around...

Today I had some things on my agenda to get done when God spoke quietly to my heart. "Stop" I thought to myself, did I just hear that correctly (no - it wasn't an audible voice, but I knew it was God speaking to my heart.) I realized I had been going and going and going... doing and doing and doing. All of a sudden in less than a week I had announced to the world (well, all those who read my blog or my Facebook/Twitter posts) that I am going to write a book... and submit an article for publication at the end of this 24 day #StartExp. I started up a whole new blog Too Broken for God? and changed my Twitter name to @TooBrokenForGod in an effort to sort of "brand" myself and get the message God's laid on my heart out there. I've been trying to keep up on the #StartAuthor and #StartBloggers pages on Facebook and my introvert self is on overload!!

So, this afternoon I turned off the music and just sat in silence for a little bit.



Sometimes the very best thing we can do is to Be. Still. I am tired tonight. I have little to no energy and just need to sleep. I didn't do today's #StartExp assignment but will do it tomorrow when I've had a chance to rest and rejuvenate. There's a time for everything - today was a day to rest and I'm OK with that!

Resting in Him,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment