Sunday, August 11, 2013

Love Languages



Many years ago I read the book The Five Love Languages and I can't remember what my "score" was when I took it back then, but I recently took the quiz online (you can find it here) and should not have been surprised to see "Words of Affirmation" as my highest score. This is their "description" of someone who scores high in this (I scored 10 out of a possible 12)
"Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language,
unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, 
I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love
sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered
and are not easily forgotten.
You thrive on hearing kind
and encouraging words that build you up."

Can you say "NAILED IT!"? WOW.

When I think about this, it shouldn't surprise me at all... after all, I am a writer. Many years ago when a close friend was moving I wrote them a poem, printed it and framed it for them. Granted, that was words and a gift, but the words are what I really wanted to leave them with.

As I've been thinking about my passion for writing and how I want to share my journey and not let my pain be wasted, I realize that WORDS are at the very center of who I am and how God has wired me. I have always processed by writing. Before computers, I sat with pen and paper but ever since I've had a computer, I actually think better sitting at a keyboard than anywhere else. Put me anywhere, anytime, any place with a keyboard under my fingers and ideas and thoughts just start rolling. It's pretty cool how God has us all wired differently. Today, among many things I am thankful for, I am thankful for how God made me and how He is showing me He wants to use me at this time and this place in my life.

With a grateful heart,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment