Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wow - This is Getting Real!

This morning on my way to work I heard this song by Sidewalk Prophets:

"Help Me Find It"

I don’t know where to go from here
It all used to seem so clear
I’m finding I can’t do this on my own

I don’t know where to go from here
As long as I know that You are near
I’m done fighting
I’m finally letting go

I will trust in You
You’ve never failed before
I will trust in You

[Chorus:]
If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I’m giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I’ve never been alone

Even when it hurts, You’ll have Your way
Even in the valley I will say
With every breath
You’ve never let me go

I will wait for You
You’ve never failed before
I will wait for You

[Chorus]
I lift my empty hands (come fill me up again)
Have Your way my King (I give my all to You)
I lift my eyes again (Was blind but now I see)
‘Cause You are all I need

[Chorus]


I've heard the song many times before, but it hit me differently today... especially the part about giving God our fear and faith. Some of the stuff I'm doing write (I literally just accidentally wrote write instead of right... lol).... OK - some of the stuff I'm doing RIGHT now scares me absolutely silly.

Anyway, then at work today, while on one of my breaks I was doing some online research per my assignment from Jon Acuff today for our #StartExp:

Chances are, regardless of what your risk is, someone else has already done it.  Today's task is to find 1-3 people who have accomplished what you're aiming for during these 24 days.  Research them online and see what you can learn from the trail they have already blazed.

I started researching Mandy Hale. She is a blogger turned writer - known on Twitter as "The Single Woman" - she is awesome. Simply Awesome. Just a bit of her awesomeness... in one interview I found these two amazing quotes:

Message to single women/all women... "That you are valuable. That you have worth. That your relationship status on Facebook says nothing about your status in life. That just because you’re still single doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you – it actually means there’s something really RIGHT with you. You boldly made the decision to hold out for the best and didn’t allow peer pressure and stigmas and the expectations of others to cause you to settle for less. Keep your head held high…keep doing your Single Woman rock…and fly high, with or without a co-pilot. Wish for love, hope for love, pray for love…but until love arrives…THRIVE!" 



Her words to live by: "“You don’t need a significant other to lead a significant life.”



That there is some good stuff... Really. Good. Stuff.

Then I was thinking about what I said yesterday about refining/working on something to publish at the end of this challenge. I found a perfect venue to let my voice be heard. In reading their submission guidelines it beame very clear... beyond a shadow of a doubt clear that this is the place I am to submit an article to at the end of these 24 days. 


I feel like a big kid chasing an impossible dream - but I am happy... really happy. I have definitely found my passion and I have no doubt at all that I am exactly where God wants me to be right now, doing exactly what He wants me to be doing... and it really doesn't get any better than that!!

Dreaming God-sized Dreams,

Sherri

PS - I Tweeted at Mandy Hale before I wrote this and by the time I got done writing it she had Tweeted me back saying, "So honored & humbled! :) Let me know if I can do anything to help!" HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment