Monday, August 12, 2013

Thoughts/Questions On Comfort

So, as Pastor Gabe preached about a couple weeks ago...


That being said - I had to check with a friend on this since my mind was a million places that day and I felt HORRIBLE - it is also true that just because you are comfortable doesn't mean you aren't in God's will. This was one of those things that made me go...

HMMMM...............

It got me thinking about one aspect of my life... my job. Now, I have a great job with a great company that gives great benefits to its employees and I have great job security... I mean everyone's gotta eat. I work with some awesome people. I have worked at  the same place for over 11 years. Next August I will get my 4th week of vacation time... I'd say it's pretty comfortable.

However, there are things that aren't comfortable - I have to deal with unpleasant people sometimes (but where is that NOT true?) I have to drive 30 minutes to get to work, which sometimes is OK, but sometimes I just want to get home! I wouldn't say this is my ideal job or dream job, but it is a good job and provides very well for me.

So - am I in God's will? The answer I have come to is that for today, YES - I am in God's will. Does God want me to stay there forever? Is it possible He has a different job for me someday down the road? Is it possible He will call me to move away from here forcing me to leave my job? Yes - all these things are possible. But, today... today I know that I am exactly where God wants me to be... sometimes it's comfortable, sometimes it's not comfortable... sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days... the reality is - that will be true no matter where I live, what job I am doing, who I am working with or whatever... that is just life!

For me, the key is to be open to God's leading should He choose to lead me somewhere else. In the meantime... I am...

Resting in God's Will for Today,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment