Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Action Plan


As part of the #StartExp I am a part of, our assignment today was this: 

"Today's task is to get a journal or a notebook.  Even if you're a smartphone note person, return to paper for this one.  I want you to write down 1-3 sentences each day in your notebook of what you're doing. "

This was fairly easy for me as I almost always have some blank journal books lying around. So, I grabbed one to take to work with me this morning. I wrote the first part easily - I had already decided my risk and a couple of action goals. Then, as this was sitting on my desk this morning I had a thought...

"Why not refine something you've written and submit it to one or more places for publication?"

Why not? I'll tell you why not...

  1. The thought of that scares me silly.
  2. What if I get rejected?
  3. What if what I have to say is something no one wants to hear?
  4. What if I fail?
Then I realized - that's what this is all about - PUNCHING FEAR IN THE FACE! I have a plethora of material to pull from - there is no reason in the next 24 (now 22) days I can't go through and work on something for submission.

I also got a little OCD today (OK - I'm always OCD, but....) I had already refined and printed my blog posts but the margins were such that I couldn't put them in a 3 ring binder so I had them in a folder. I wasn't thrilled with this so went to the library after work today. I spent 3 1/2 hours and another $17 printing editing and refining my blog posts so I could print them and 3 hole punch them and put them in binders. I stopped at the store on the way home and found 3 LIME GREEN binders.

Anyone who knows me at all, knows that this made me very happy! I fit all of 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 (from January - July) in one binder and started with August of 2013 in the 2nd binder. So, I should be good to go for a while. It's pretty cool to have it all so handy to look through. 

After a long day of work and then working on my dream - I am ready for a good night sleep.

Excited to be punching fear in the face,

Sherri


No comments:

Post a Comment