I just started reading "The Bondage Breaker" by Neil Anderson. I've had the book for a few months and it was on my list of books to get to but I hadn't gotten to it. After being spoken some tough words in love by a dear sister in Christ I picked the book up today and started reading. I am only a couple chapters in but a couple things struck me. One thing is in the beginning of the third chapter, it is a list of truths about who we are in Christ: This list is in the picture to the right. It's a little hard to read, but I like the artistic image.
Who I am in Christ
I am accepted...
- I am God's child ~ John 1:12
- As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ ~John 15:15
- I have been justified ~Romans 5:1
- I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit ~1 Cor. 6:17
- I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God ~1 Cor. 6:19-20
- I am a member of Christ's body ~1 Cor. 12:27
- I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child ~Ephesians 1:3-8
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins ~Colossians 1:13-14
- I am complete in Christ ~Colossians 2:9-10
- I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ ~Hebrews 4:14-16I am secure...
- I am free from condemnation ~Romans 8:1-2
- I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances ~Romans 8:28
- I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and I cannot be separated from the love of God ~Romans 8:31-39
- I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God ~2 Cor. 1:21-22
- I am hidden with Christ in God ~Colossians 3:1-4
- I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me ~Philippians 1:6
- I am a citizen of Heaven ~Philippians 3:20
- I have not been given the spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind ~2 Timothy 1:7
- I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me ~1 John 5:18I am significant...
- I am the branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life ~John 15:5
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit ~John 15:16
- I am God's temple ~1 Cor. 3:16
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God ~2 Cor.5:17-21
- I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm ~Ephesians 2:6
- I am God's workmanship ~Ephesians 2:10
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence ~Ephesians 3:12
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me ~Philippians 4:13
On a Journey Toward Freedom,