Saturday, August 10, 2013

This World

Yesterday I wrote about Mandisa's song "Only The World" and that song was such an encouragement to my heart, realizing that this world is only temporary. This world is filled with so much pain... when I think about JUST the pain that I have experienced and realize there are approximately 7 BILLION people on this planet today I am overwhelmed. Everyone faces their own "truckload of suck" as I refer to it, and there is a lot of pain and suffering people go through. This should be no surprise to us... Jesus Himself said in John 16:33:

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

I had a total change in my perspective this evening talking to a friend in the coffee shop. She said,

"Earth is the worst hell believers will ever experience and the best heaven unbelievers will ever experience."

Wow. I had never really thought about it like that. For me, as a believer, this is as bad as it's gonna get. I may have suffering and pain here on earth - I may have a "truckload of suck" to have to sift through and deal with, but someday... someday...


What hope. What joy. What a shift in perspective.

Rejoicing in the Hope of Heaven,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment