Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Introductions...

Today at work my mind was racing. I was thinking about things my counselor and I talked about yesterday and thinking about my assignment for the #StartExp:

Today’s task is to let go of at least one failure. Get out your pen, get out your journal and write it down. It’s over, and I don’t want you to let it control. Fear always wants you to give your present to your past until you don’t have a future. Let it go.

I realized one fear I had really had nothing to do with the writing I was doing. I had a major fear that the counseling wouldn't work. I have been in counseling before, made progress and then seemingly "failed". The truth is I didn't fail - I quit. I didn't see it through. I didn't see it as a long term commitment. I realized how afraid I had been to stop protecting the little girl inside me and allow her to feel, allow her to hurt, allow her to grieve.

Then.

All of the sudden.

It hit me.

I knew what I was supposed to write about. 

On my next break I sat at my computer and started typing furiously.  I ended up typing an introduction that grabbed my attention, I found my voice. God brought it all together - the work I'm doing in counseling is DIRECTLY related to this #StartExp. It is no accident I saw Jon Acuff's blog asking for people willing to take a risk, to step outside their comfort zone and that I filled out that form. No - it was no accident at all... it was God's Providence. God knew all along that I needed this push to find my voice, to let this healing begin. I sat and wrote tonight - I wrote 999 words (the guidelines for the place I'm submitting is 500-1000 words). It is a draft. A rough draft. But, it is only day nine and God is bringing things together and all I can say is I am grateful, so very grateful.


With Gratitude,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment