Sunday, August 18, 2013

Discombobulated

Today has been a day where I feel like my mind has been all over the place. I got up this morning and I looked at Buddy lying in his cat tree and thought, "Some days I wish I were a cat because that looks like a pretty legit way to spend the day."

Doesn't that look like a nice, relaxing way to spend the day... just lying around gazing out the window? In reality it's kind of how I felt today.... the spaced off look in Buddy's eyes is how it has felt in my head all day.

I went to church this morning because I knew I needed to and a part of me wanted to but I felt like there was something fighting me to go. I firmly believe it was satan and his evil forces trying to keep me from going. I have been doing well, I have honestly felt lately like I know I am exactly where God wants me to be and that is a dangerous place to be as a believer... that's when the enemy strikes.

  • I fought.
  • I went to church.
  • I sang when I didn't feel like singing.
  • I believed in my heart the words I was singing even when my head felt like it was floating in space.
After church a couple friends asked how I was and all I could say was, "Discombobulated." That's a "fun" word... and sometimes it gets thrown around without thinking about what it really means. I looked up some synonyms for discombobulated and found: "disconcerted", "mental discomfort", "distracted", "removed". Those all describe me to a "T" today.

The message today was on Heaven - it was an introduction to a 7 week series our Pastor is doing. I know one thing - I am definitely ready for that day. I know as long as I am here I have a purpose and I will seek to fulfill that purpose. But one day... one day... this is His promise and I am ready for that day...


In the meantime... I will keep on...

Running the Race to the Finish,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment