Wednesday, June 1, 2011

National Running Day!

Today is National Running Day! I know I've posted blogs two days in a row, but since it is National Running Day I thought I should definitely post something.

I got home today and was really not feeling like going on my 5 mile jog/walk that I had planned. However, I had posted on Twitter and Facebook that I was going so I figured I had to! Besides, getting up and moving is the best thing to do after a chiropractic adjustment. So, I got off my duff and hit the pavement!

I wasn't really feeling it... I just didn't have the oomph that I had yesterday. But, I carried on... walking and jogging and just listening to my body so as not to overdo it. As I was going, I was alone with my thoughts as usual. I was thinking about progress I have made over the past several months.

Number one: I no longer dread the thought of the 20th of each month, in fact many months it goes by without a thought!

Number two: I can walk/jog through the park David and I spent a lot of time in without tears streaming down my face.

Number three: While there's still a part of me that loves David and I will always care for him, I know that I am not responsible for his behavior. The best I can do for him is pray that God would work in his heart.

These are just some of the thoughts I had as I was walking/jogging today. It was very healing emotionally to think about these things. So, while today wasn't a walk/jog for the record books... I still did it and it had benefit for my emotional, spiritual, and physical health.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment