Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pet Peeve Rant

I am so tired of hearing/seeing/reading about all these quick fix ways of losing weight - shakes, pills, body wraps .... I don't mean this in offense to anyone, but the bottom line is - nutrition and exercise. It's not easy, but it's not rocket science and there are no quick fixes! I have tried so many of those supposed "quick fixes" and while some of them work for a time NONE of them work long term. I wish I could have back all the money I wasted on pills and "miracle" diet things.

I know looking at me it's obvious I am no picture of health. But, I am a picture of someone who has lost and gained more weight in her life than I am proud to admit.

What I have found, and what I believe with my whole heart is that eating as nutritionally sound as possible and exercising is the BEST way to lose weight and be healthy. I wish someone would have told me this before I shelled out more money than I am proud of over the past several decades.

Let me wrap up by saying I am in no way judging anyone else and what they do - this is what I have found to be true for me and what will hopefully work for me long term. We all have different paths to walk - I just felt the need to put this out here as it seems like every where I turn I am seeing some new fad on how to lose weight fast and easy, whether it's an article online, something on TV, or whatever - so that's my pet peeve rant.













Seeking good health,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment