Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dam to Dam Training - Days 1 and 2

OUCH!!!!!!! The best way to not feel the way I feel right now is to not allow one's self to get so out of shape in the first place.

Yesterday was day 1 of training and consisted of walking on my breaks at work. Today, was my first gym day and I walked with a friend (thanks Dalene) and we did about 3 miles (hard to count laps on the track and the treadmills were full) But, I enjoyed talking with my friend and figure between the little walking I did at work and what we did I got 3 miles in. My feet hurt. My legs hurt. I was out of breath (OK, maybe that was from talking too much) 



This is one of my favorite quotes - and it came up as my friend and I were talking. Another friend told me about a great exercise for plantar fasciitis and I know a lot of great information about training for marathons and eating nutritionally - but knowing these things does me no good if I don't "walk the path". Today I ate horribly - I entered everything on my Lose It website - and although I am under calories - I ate a TON of sugar today and definitely feel yucky because of it. Yes, Sherri - knowing nutritional information won't do you a bit of good if you don't put it into practice. And, even though I know a lot about training - I have to do it. It's going to be a lot of work... but I will put one foot in front of the other and do it. I will have to be disciplined to do the exercises for the plantar fasciitis and make sure I stretch after each workout because just knowing these things WON'T HELP!

I don't know if anyone ever said this, but I will - knowing is easy, doing is hard. It will be worth it... I will just keep...

Pressing On,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment