Friday, June 28, 2013

"Do The Work"



I am battered
I am bruised
I am needy

I suffer
I hurt
I cry

I get depressed
I get angry
I get sad

I've been struggling
I've been damaged
I've been wounded

Some days I barely make it out the door
Some days are harder than others
Some days the smile isn't real

But I keep pushing forward
One foot in front of the other
Walking the path to healing is hard

Some days I don't know if I can do it
Some days I want to give up
But I keep pressing on

I hold on to faith
I lean on my friends
I depend wholly on my God

I will be strong
I will be courageous
I will do the work

God is with me
He won't forsake me
He will never leave me

                                           Sherri R. Adelman
                                           June 28, 2013

Pressing On,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment