Sunday, January 16, 2011

Not gonna let the bad weeks get me down!

So, week 2 didn't go so well. I had some really bad eating days, only got to the gym 3 days instead of 5, and did not get my running mileage all done. I was struggling emotionally a lot through the week, and it seems I always fall back into that bad eating when that happens. Then, I don't feel like working out... it's a vicious cycle.

I did take a very important step this week. I took the step to begin counseling. I had my first session Friday. I really like my counselor and definitely feel like this is something that is going to help me with my emotional eating cycles and in my desire to be consistent in areas of my life where I lack consistency. I have a lot to work through after the past 10 months that I have gone through. I am broken and scarred far more than I imagined and I finally got to the point where I knew I that God was leading me to get help from a professional. I know that with God, my wonderful church family, my amazing friends, and this counselor, I will be OK.

I know that beginning this journey will be helpful to me in many areas of my life. It will help me to continue to run the race of life and finish well.

I will continue to press on, both in life, and in my goals for working out and eating healthy. I am on a journey toward wellness - emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

Thanks for your love, support, and encouragement along my journey.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment