Sunday, August 11, 2013

Seeking God...

Sometimes life just sucks. There's no other way to say it. In copying and pasting my blogs this weekend, I realized I've been in counseling for over 2 years now but am really only scratching the surface of some of the junk I need to work through.

I so appreciated a friend at church this morning who reaffirmed to me that there are times in our lives that we aren't in "formal" ministry while God is doing other work in our lives. He sometimes has to do this other work so He can make us who He wants us to be so that we can serve Him in other ways. In the meantime I can serve Him how I am able and not feel guilty or beat myself up for not doing more. I'm doing what He is asking and that is all I can do right now.

Through all of this, I had a bit of a crisis of faith and was having serious doubts. But God showed up in a big way. This morning three youth shared this song and it ministered to my heart deeply - through troubles, sorrows, pain - I have been learning to earnestly seek the Lord. Some days my faith is as small as a mustard seed, but God's Word says to have faith and earnestly seek him... my faith might not be big, but God is big enough!


You can listen to the song here but if you just want to read the lyrics they are as follows:


In life's troubles, sorrows, pain.

Earnestly I seek Thee
Fill my soul with peace again
Earnestly I seek Thee



None but You and You alone
Take my life make it Your own
In my offering build Your home
Earnestly I seek Thee



In life's triumphs, victories, 
Earnestly I seek Thee
In the shadow of the Almighty
Earnestly I seek Thee



None but You and You alone
Take my life make it Your own
In my offering build Your home
Earnestly I seek Thee



I sing to You because You're good
And Your love is bigger than life
I will Live to bring You praise
I will bless You always



Who am I that you would care?
Earnestly I seek Thee
All my days, my nights, You're there
Earnestly I seek Thee



None but You and You alone
Take my life make it Your own
In my offering build Your home
Earnestly I seek Thee
Earnestly Seeking,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment