Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekend Grats

I realized when I got up this morning, that although I thought several times last night, "I need to write my Grat post today." that I never got it done. However, I was grateful yesterday for many things.

  • I was really grateful that even though I was glad it was Friday I hadn't been anticipating it all week and had a really good week at work.
  • I was grateful for the challenge in the book I was reading to try to become a morning person in order to really have the time and energy to pursue my dreams and passions. (More on that can be found on my other blog.)
  • I was grateful for a new coat from Lands End that I purchased from a swap site for only $30 - it's a great coat and should keep me plenty warm in that "season which shall not be named"!
  • I was grateful for a grocery store trip to the local grocery store in Slater - there's something about the quaint little small town grocery store that is fun. The selection is more limited, but sometimes for me that is a good thing... less impulse buying!
  • I was grateful for an enjoyable evening relaxing and getting to bed at a decent hour.
Then came this morning... and it came early... Saturday morning and I was up around 5:00 a.m. - even took this picture to prove it! ;-) I woke up before my alarm and felt well rested. Now THAT is something to be grateful for!

But there's more!
  • I'm grateful that getting up this morning wasn't a chore - I woke up refreshed and excited for the day ahead of me.
  • I'm grateful for sweet time in the Word this morning and a cup of nice hot coffee to go with it.
  • I continue to be grateful for the steadfast love of the Lord. As I am reading the Psalms for the 2nd time this year I continue to be amazed at how many times that phrase is used.
  • I am thankful for a nice 1.5 mile walk/jog under the stars this morning. (*note to self - next time, walk/jog first, THEN read and drink coffee - doing it in the other order is a BAD idea!)
  • I am grateful for accomplishing some goals this morning.... I wrote over 1,600 words this morning and might not be done writing for the day yet (and that doesn't count these words!) I also finished a book and started another one.
  • I am grateful for grace that I can give myself - I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to today but still have some of the evening to get a few things done and I have tomorrow as well. I am thankful I am learning to be not so hard on myself when things don't go the way I want them to (which is more often than not!)
  • I am thankful that I am tired... as strange as that sounds, I need to get into a routine of going to bed early on the weekends so I can meet my goals of keeping my schedule during the week.
  • I am thankful for this time of year - I love the cool mornings and the temperatures are looking perfect in the forecast. Although the "season which shall not be named" is coming up, this time of year is filled with such beauty and I can not wait to start feeling the crunching of the leaves beneath my feet as I walk/jog during this time of year.


I continue to be ever grateful for all of you.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment