Friday, July 12, 2013

Keeping It Real





I know all of these truths in the images above. I know that I can completely trust God. I know that He will never leave me. I know that I can give Him all my cares because He cares for me. I KNOW so many truths in Scripture, but right now... today, all of that knowledge is just that - knowledge. Knowing the Truth doesn't do a bit of good if you don't apply it, if you don't believe it with your whole heart and live it. In the wisdom of Morpheus from the movie Matrix...


I was just discussing this with someone tonight... I have major issues with plantar fasciitis. I haven't really worked out in months. Aside from walking a little, I haven't REALLY worked out and yet my feet are killing me. I KNOW a GREAT stretch that will help my feet feel better, but knowing all about the stretch and not doing it are not doing my feet a bit of good. 

The same thing can be said of my faith... my trust in the Lord. I KNOW lots about it, however lately... the truth is a lot of doubt has crept in. My faith is shaky and I'm really struggling. I'm hanging on because I KNOW what I believe... but I'm literally just hanging on.

Just Keeping it Real,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment