Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Day I Threw My Scale Away


I have been a compulsive "weigher" for quite a while - weighing myself once, or twice a day - sometimes more. I haven't weighed myself in over 2 weeks and I decided today that I really don't need to weigh myself. I am learning to eat when I am hungry, learning to listen to my body's hunger signals. I haven't arrived by any means, but I am learning. I am learning to turn away from running to food when I am upset or stressed and run to God instead. I believe that if I continue on my journey to learning to listen to the hunger signals God has given me and eat according to them, then I will arrive at a healthy weight. I don't know what that number is, I don't know what size it will mean, but I believe if I stop focusing so much on that number on the scale it will go a long way in helping me to focus on the true goal - honoring God with my life - including how I eat and how I exercise.

So, today... the day before I start officially training for the Des Moines 1/2 marathon in October... is the day I'm throwing my scale away and taking my life back. 

The number on the scale doesn't matter - the condition of my heart is what truly matters and that is what I care about more than anything!


Running to God,

Sherri




No comments:

Post a Comment