Friday, April 26, 2013

Suddenly

Suddenly it hits me out of the blue.

I miss him.
I miss the way he would hold me.
I miss the way he would look into my eyes and tell me how beautiful I was.
I miss the way he would gently brush my hair off my forehead (yes, I had hair then)
I miss the way he would whisper "I love you." softly in my ear.
I miss the sound of his voice.
I miss him.

Suddenly I am filled with comfort.
I am reminded of God's great love.
I am reminded that He loves me more than I can imagine.
I am reminded of the truth in this one simple verse...

The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)

He rejoices over me with gladness.
He quiets me with his love.
He exults over me... exults?

שׂוּשׂ - Sus - that's the Hebrew word here for exult. It means to delight in, to rejoice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment