Sunday, March 17, 2013

Discipline - Rather, Lack Thereof

Suck at discipline, I do. At discipline, I just suck. 

(For those who are not Star Wars fans - trying to insert a little Yoda humor in a somewhat serious post) 



* Side note - for those who receive my blogs via e-mail, I apologize - posting twice a day 2 days in a row is not the norm for me. I hope you don't feel obliged to read - if it's ever too many e-mails I won't be offended if you don't read and just delete - I know sometimes I do that with blogs I subscribe to - sometimes I just don't have time.

"He dies for lack of discipline,
and because of his great folly he is led astray."

(Proverbs 5:23 ESV)

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates reproof is stupid."

(Proverbs 12:1 ESV)

These verses hit me right in the heart like a knife. 


  • I was supposed to stay off Facebook and Twitter for Lent, except to post FROM my blog.
  • There was to be no getting on Facebook and perusing and wasting time, yet I have.
  • I got rid of my digital converter box so I wouldn't waste time watching TV but have spent way too much time watching movies and TV shows online.
  • No matter what external things I try to get rid of - it is a heart issue.
“Lord, I don’t want to be led astray, I don’t want to be stupid. Help me to not suck so bad at discipline.”

Longing to do better,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment