Sunday, March 17, 2013

Alone Yet Not Alone


I've talked a lot about the series we've been doing since the first of the year at my home church here in Huxley. The series has been on the Names of God and it has been an awesome experience of getting to know God better. Today's service was no exception, yet I find myself at a loss for words. Here's the link to our church website where you can listen to the sermons online for yourself if you would like: just click here.

This morning two of our youth shared a song called "You Were On The Cross" by Matt Maher. This song spoke very deeply to my heart - these past few years I felt like I had lost everything - like all I'd loved was gone - my heart definitely grew cold and became very hard. Thankfully it's been warming up and thawing out - and I'm realizing, as Hebrews 4:15 says: 

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin."

You can listen to the song here: Matt Maher "You Were On The Cross"

Lost, everything is lost

And everything I've loved before is gone

Alone like the coming of the frost
And a cold winter's chill in my stony heart

And where were You when all that I've hoped for,
Where were You when all that I've dreamed,
Came crashing down in shambles around me?
You were on the cross

Pain, could you take away the pain?
If I find someone to blame, would it make my life seem easier?
Alone, all my friends are asleep
And I can't find anyone to stay awake with me

Where were You when sin stole my innocence?
Where were You when I was ashamed?
Hiding in a life, I wish, I never made

You were on the cross, my God, my God, all along, all along
You were on the cross, You died for us, all along, all along
You were on the cross, victorious, all along, all along

You were there in all of my suffering
And You were there in doubt and in fear
I'm waiting on the dawn to reappear


With overflowing gratitude for the One Who never leaves me alone,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment