Monday, October 8, 2012

Amazed - simply amazed!

I am sitting here tonight in utter and complete amazement at how incredibly AWESOME our God is!

When I got up this morning my car didn't start. It was 5 a.m. and I didn't know what to do. I called a friend from church and her and her husband came over. He said it didn't sound like battery, but we tried jumping it. That didn't work and he said it sounded like the fuel pump. Anyway, they "happened" to have an extra vehicle I could use to get to work.

I had a 30 minute drive ahead of me and started out in my "default mode"... "What did I do to deserve this?" However, I didn't camp out there like I would in the past. I quickly started thinking and processing everything. I remembered what the speaker at church said yesterday about believing and trusting that God loves me and desires to care for me. I also thought about his first point about realizing the support you have around you. The family of God came to my rescue, even at 5 a.m. I was challenged all day to not just say I'm a Christian but to BE one - which meant not worrying incessantly about what was wrong with my car, but just resting and trusting that God loves me and He will take care of me. I thought about what I wrestled with last week regarding trust and fear and realized this was a perfect time for me to trust God and not be afraid!

I've been challenged lately about where my security lies and realizing that it lies in God and God alone. My car could completely die, I could lose my job, I could lose the roof over my head, I could lose my friends, I could lose the love of my life (OK - hitting close to home now)... BUT - the point is that I could lose anything at all on this earth but I will still be COMPLETELY SECURE in God's love, mercy, and grace. I can COMPLETELY TRUST GOD WITH EVERYTHING!

I was thinking about this on my drive home and this song came on the radio: One Thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill. You can listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYCJ8EvkGCs

These are the lyrics: 

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing remains

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me

In death, in life
I'm confident and covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid
There's nothing that can separate my heart from Your great love

Publishing: (c) 2010 Bethel Music Publishing (ASCAP) / Christajoy Music (BMI) (Admin. by Bethel Music Publishing) / Mercy Vineyard Publishing (ASCAP)
Writing: Brian Johnson, Christa Black Gifford and Jeremy Riddle


I love that line, "And I never, ever have to be afraid One thing remains."

Clinging to that ONE THING,

Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I am glad you find security in God's undying love for us. He desires the best for us. We have to continually rest in that and trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monica. The trials and tests continue. I've honestly re-read this post half a dozen times today to remind me of the truth I know! And I have listened to that song over and over again - it's in my brain and it won't leave. That's a good thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete