Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Swallowing My Pride

The official announcement as posted on Facebook when I made the decision:

"I made a decision today. I am not running, walking, or crawling the Des Moines 1/2 marathon. My body - physically, emotionally, and spiritually is just NOT READY. There is NO WAY I can be ready in less than 4 weeks. It's not going to happen no matter how much I want it to. This sucks. I hate it. But it is my reality and the sooner I accept it the better off I'll be."

I e-mailed the decision to the race director immediately after I posted this status so that there would be no turning back. This was a very difficult decision and one that I am honestly still coming to terms with. As I wrote a while back, running isn't what defines me. What defines me is that I am a child of the Living God... I am a daughter of the King! 

Nothing and NO one can ever change that. I am clinging to the hope and the truth found in God's Word. I am trusting that God is working in me - that He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it!

I'm doing a 5K run/walk on October 6th and I am not planning on any other races in the near future. Right now I am focusing on running the race that God has set before me. I am going to stop making plans and decisions based on what I want to do and look to God to direct my paths.


Trusting,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment