Sunday, August 19, 2012

Baby Steps

Making changes is hard.
Making changes takes work.
Making changes doesn't happen overnight.
Making changes is worth it!

This was another tough week. After a weekend where I was absolutely emotionally spent, I was not ready for Monday when it got here. But, I persevered and I did practice self-control. While it was a tough week in some regards, some baby steps were made and I feel like I made progress through the week. That's what it's really all about, isn't it? Seeing progress being made. I don't have to "get it all together" in one week. I don't even have to wait until Monday to "start over" if (when) I trip up.

Overall this week I spent more time in prayer and more time in God's Word. I was more connected with God and our relationship grew closer. Did I spend all the time I wanted to/should have/could have with the Lord? No. Did I make progress? Yes! And, that is what matters!

I made healthier food choices this week and walked on my breaks at work. I went to the gym a couple of times. Did I eat some junk I shouldn't have? Yes. Did I work out as often as I wanted to/should have/could have? No. Did I make progress? Yes! And, that is what matters!

Pressing on with faith and hope,

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment