Sunday, October 2, 2011

Two weeks

The 1/2 marathon is two weeks from tomorrow. I hadn't done anything at all the past couple weeks... motivation has been lacking and I've just been struggling. Yesterday I went for a 5 mile walk/jog. It actually went pretty well. It took me quite a while, but I did it and survived! I need to stay on track the next couple weeks to get it done! I'm planning a good week of workouts this week and then Friday or Saturday I will do a 10 miler.

I signed up today for the Living History Farms Cross Country Race on November 19th. It's a 7 mile course with lots of mud, creeks to cross, etc. I did it last year for the first time. It's just fun so I decided to do it again this year.

I don't know how to explain it but I have a certain peace and calmness in my heart right now that had been missing. I am so thankful to my faithful Father, my amazing church family, and my wonderful friends and family who have been so supportive. My hope and prayer is that my life would honor God in all I do. I'm thankful for this peace that passes all understanding today!

No comments:

Post a Comment