Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He's Not Finished With Me Yet!



Well, my week of getting back to the gym started out great. Got my 2 miles in yesterday, ran 1/4 of a mile and was looking forward to getting back at it today. Problem is, I wasn't planning on rolling my truck and being without a vehicle.

Plans have a way of changing. My plans aren't always the same as God's plans. I was amazingly calm after the accident and can hardly believe the things I did and said in the middle of a traumatic car wreck. But, let me back up. I left work about 9 a.m. to go to a Dentist appointment. I took the gravel to avoid a train and went to turn right and took the corner a little too fast and caught the lip of the ditch with my truck. I thought I might be able to drive in and get back out, but it was a very deep ditch and the way I hit I went over pretty hard and pretty quick. It was the scariest thing I've ever experienced and I thank GOD I am alive and not injured. I quickly entered survivor mode and first thing I did was call my boss, Mark, to have him call 911. I knew I wasn't thinking clear enough to tell them exactly where I was. So, while he did that I called the dentist to let them know I wasn't going to be there. I find that pretty humorous now. I had to be responsible and tell them we would need to reschedule the appointment. I'm made both these calls while sitting calmly on the roof of my truck (which was the floor for the time being! ;-) I then called my Pastor. He didn't answer, so I tried opening a door but it wouldn't open. Then my pastor called me back. I talked to him, asked for prayer, assured him I was OK.

The Sheriff then arrived and it dawned on me to unroll the window and crawl out. So, after I convinced the Sheriff I was OK, I crawled out and walked back up to the side of the road. After answering questions for the Sheriff I realized I needed pictures to post to facebook! :-) What quicker way to let all my friends know quickly?!?!

After I got checked by the paramedics and was cleared to leave, my supervisor, who came out to check on me, gave me a ride back to work. I worked the rest of the day feeling fine... a little achy, few bruises that were sore, but overall ok. Almost 12 hours after the accident later - now - I am a little more sore, a little light headed, a little stiff. But I feel pretty amazing considering everything I went through today!

I'm sure more blogs will come from this experience, it has been a defining life moment and I look forward to seeing how God will use this to teach me and to bring Him Glory and Honor. I DO give Him all the Glory for the way He got me through this experience.

One thing I was thinking is from a Brandon Heath song. The link is here: It really speaks to me because there have been times I "Still wonder why I'm here; Still wrestling with my fears. But Oh! He's up to something. And the farther on I go I've seen enough to know that I'm not here for nothing, He's up to something. There's hope for me yet, because God won't forget all the plans He's made for me, I'll have to wait and see. He's not finished with me yet." http
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJwlmb4V-0Y

No comments:

Post a Comment