Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jesus - healer of my heart

Today has been a pretty amazing day. Yesterday I had a really bad headache and pretty much couched it all day. I took a 3 hour nap and basically did NOTHING all day.
As I was lying in bed ready to go to sleep, I was kind of praying, and kind of just lost in my thoughts. I woke up this morning before my alarm went off, headache was gone, and I felt refreshed and rested. The thought crossed my mind that friends must have been praying for me last night and was so thankful for them and their faith that God would answer their prayers.
I was driving to church this morning and heard the song, "God You Reign" on the radio. Then in church we sang the very same song. Part of the lyrics:
You hold my life, You know my heart
And You call me by name
I live to say, God, You reign
God, You reign, God, You reign
Forever and ever, God, You reign
God, You reign, God, You reign
I know You reign
Forever and ever, God, You reign
I was so encouraged by this song. Just the reminder, that He knows my heart, He knows the pain I've been in, and He reigns - He is in control, I just need to trust in Him.
Pastor Marty's message was on Luke 4-7, how the miracles He performed confirm the identity of Jesus as the Messiah.
Sometimes in the miracles the person reached out to Christ in faith, sometimes their friends had faith, (reminded me of this morning when I woke up assured of my friends' prayers and faith).
Other points from the message that spoke to me...
  • Jesus cares about your heart and soul... not just the physical need.
  • His healing is for all people.
  • He touched those who normally wouldn't be touched (the widow's son's coffin, the leper)
So, now what? What does God want me to do with this?
  • Have a humble faith. Jesus has come to heal our hearts and He cares about your heart.
  • Have utter amazement in God as he makes Himself known.
So, then I'm driving home from church and hear the song "Everything I Need" by Kutless. Honestly I had never heard the song before. Here are the lyrics:

When every step is so hard to take
And all of my hope is fading away
When life is a mountain that I can not climb
You carry me, Jesus carry me.
You are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need
When every moment is more than I can take
And all of my strength is slipping away
When every breath gets harder for me
You carry me, Jesus carry me
You are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need
I need You
You are everything I need
I love everything about You
You are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need
Lately it has been so hard to take some steps, and my hope has been fading. I heard this song and was reminded, just like from the other song about God reigning, that God is all I need. He is in control, when I am in need He will be there and as the Scripture makes clear - Jesus can heal my heart.
WOW! What a day! So thankful for the way God has made Himself known to me and encouraged me in SO many ways today.

No comments:

Post a Comment