Sunday, August 22, 2010

EIGHT more weeks!

The past two weeks, training has gone very well. I have actually exceeded my overall weekly miles the past 2 weeks. After not even coming close for many weeks, this is a HUGE accomplishment. Last week I exceeded my goal by 3/4 of a mile, this week, by FOUR miles!!!

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating and it's been hot and humid which means my long distance days have been done in the gym. Ideally these will be done OUTSIDE for the best training. Hopefully September will bring some cooler, if not, at least less humid weather.

I got a new pair of running shoes a couple days ago, tried them out at the gym on Saturday and they rubbed one of my left toes. So, I went back and got a different pair. I ended up with a pair of ASICS Gel Nimbus. ASICS have the widest toe box of any running shoe and that's what I need. I also ended up in a men's shoe because the women's shoe didn't have a wide enough toe box. I wore them today during my 12 miles in the gym and they felt GREAT! This will likely be the shoe I run the marathon in. I may end up buying one more pair and wear the newer pair the few weeks right before the marathon.

There has been a lot going on in my life which has made it hard to train, but I am bound and determined to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment